*Note: this article will be actively updated as we learn or agree on the best ways to handle issues with Power BI. Please reach out to your Datagration and/or Power BI admin if this article does not address an error you may be facing.
How can I reduce how often we need to update data source credentials?
- Ensure that dashboards are on a refresh schedule on at least a monthly basis (more frequent is okay)
- After setting up data sources or updating their credentials, those credentials are active for up to 90 days
- Every refresh (whether triggered in the Dashboard page or through an active scheduled workflow) will refresh the validity of those credentials
- When using a schedule, it's recommended to use the workflow schedule in the Datagration platform instead of the built-in Power BI refresh schedule, because the workflow schedules can be configured to run when data processes are complete. If other workflows are running when the Power BI refresh schedule triggers, dashboards may be incomplete and/or misleading
- [Advanced] for those managing data sources in app.power.com, consider using a user security group as the data source owner instead of assigning individual owners; this'll allow all users within the security group to manage the data source and take over a data set without having to recreate data sources
How do I handle a failing refresh?