PetroVisor allows to run P# scripts as scenarios.
Also, other applications (such as Dashboards, etc.) can request scenarios via the Application Programing Interface. These scenarios do not override the signals's database value but are stored separately to compare different e.g. oil price scenarios.
The scenarios module gives an overview of the existing scenarios and can be accessed from the PetroVisor Workflow Automation.
The scenarios window features the following functionalities:
- View: views the selected scenario. Run name, scenario name, status, start- & end date as well as time increment are displayed.
- Following parameters can be reviewed in the content section of the view window:
- Entities: lists all entities included in the scenario.
- Workspace Values: lists all external input of the datatype workspace values. When running a P# script as scenario in the P# Editor, this column will remain empty.
- Input static: lists all static variables that are external input. When running a P# script as scenario in the P# Editor, this column will remain empty.
- Input time: lists all time-dependent variables that are external input. When running a P# script as scenario in the P# Editor, this column will remain empty.
- Output: Shows the script's calculated output, similar to the view in the P# Editor. If more than one table is created, the user can switch between them using the table names, which are displayed below.
- Delete: deletes the selected scenario.
- Refresh: re-loads the scenarios window.
- Toggle My Runs/All Runs: allows to switch between the current user's scenarios only and all scenarios.
- Official: allows to define official scenarios. These can be used e.g. by dashboard applications but do not have any effect when using only the PetroVisor development platform. Within the dashboard, official scenarios are locked and cannot be changed by the end users. More than one scenario can be set as the official scenarios at one time.